Skip to main content

Sources and APA

APA Sources for Kickstart

Gottfried, J., & Park, E. (2025, November 20). Americans' Social Media Use 2025. Pew Research Center. Retrieved February 20, 2026, from https://www.pewresearch.org/internet/2025/11/20/americans-social-media-use-2025/

This article from Pew Research seems like a very useful collection of information about social media use amongst

Americans in 2025. This can be easily used to influence choices from our group, as we can see what forms of media

are working, as well as what forms are not working anymore. An immediate example from this article is the fall off

of Twitter, now known as X, which is only receiving 21 percent of people who say they use it.


Health Benefits of Social Media Use in Adolescents and Young Adults. (2025, August 15). PMC. Retrieved February 20, 2026, from https://pmc.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/articles/PMC12356748/

This could be an extremely interesting article to pull from, especially when thinking about the broader effects

of social media. For the most part, articles talk about social media in a negative light, but this article actually delves

into the positives of social media. I think this could be very helpful for our conversation about social media, as a lot

of the time, it is much easier to find negative things to say about social media platforms than it is to find something

positive to say, and with it coming from the National Library of Medicine, it is a very reliable source, that goes

against the popular belief of social media.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Future of the Music Industry

The Music Industry - The Future of Listening I truly believe that the entirety of music will be switching to streaming. With how quickly streaming has advanced, and how much music is now streamed compared to other sources, I believe that eventually everyone will be transferring to streaming for its ease of access and its improving audio quality. Even now, according to the IFPI Global Music Report, 69 percent of music listeners are using streaming services, which I think will only grow with time. Additionally, I believe that it is possible that at some point in the somewhat near future, cars will remove both AM and FM radio, and will adopt an Apple play style smart screen for all streaming. This is obviously not a guarantee as people have been upset at the removal of AM radio in cars, but with how popular and used music streaming has been, I feel as though Spotify, Apple Music, and other streaming software will be built into cars. With how easy to use Apple and Android Car Play are, I f...

P.I.N. Point - Sprint 5

P.I.N. Point - Sprint 5 My name is Kyle Ramser and I am currently working as a 3D artist on a game called P.I.N. Point. P.I.N. Point is a fast paced assassin shooter, where time is money and the faster you take out your target, the more money you earn. We just finished our fifth sprint, and the game is coming along pretty nicely. Our programmers have completed our movement system, which has made the gameplay feel closer to how our designer imagined it, and more of my art is being implemented, which is making the game look a lot more complete. This sprint went very well overall, and it is clear now that we have hit our stride as a group and have the process down at this point, after a rough start in the first few sprints. Starting with the negatives, I had to redo the buildings again this sprint, which used up a bit of my time. It didn’t take too long, but it always feels like a waste to redo something that was already completed, so it was not a big deal but definitely not a positive. O...